The Office of Environmental Health and Education is intended to reduce environmentally related diseases and injuries among the Winnebago Tribe through preventive measures. Inspections, education and various programs advise the public on how to minimize and prevent toxic and hazardous exposure and practices.
- Car Seat Program: Maintains the severe injury database and conducts seat belt observation surveys.
- Bicycle Helmet Program
- Carbon Monoxide Assessments
Facility Data System:
- Conducts inspections of various buildings and food establishments on the reservation.
- Performs food handlers’ calls and assists with playground safety concerns.
- Investigates any and all possible outbreaks such as Hantavirus, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and West Nile Virus.
- Investigates Animal Bites
- Pet Care Day
Located in the IHS Hospital
225 S. Bluff St.
Winnebago, NE 68071
Mona Zuffante, OEH Specialist/Health Education Director - Email